Your animal loving child wants an animal themed birthday party with all the bells and whistles. Planning any birthday party can be a challenge, especially with a tight budget. Trust us, we know. We’ve thrown a ton of parties and we’d like to consider ourselves experts. We picked out a couple of our favorite ideas and would love to share them with you!
Planning and Preparation
Below is an outline of what we need and what we’ll be discussing:
- Pep Talk
Entertainment needs to be memorable, unique, and fun. Interaction with exotic animals is a plus and having an awesome picture with them is will definitely help you remember the moment. They provide fun and creative animal education programs with live animal creature teachers! Determined to touch the heart and inspire the mind; Zovargo animal programs provide an authentic experience to see, touch, hear, and experience animals! Zovargo will help you plan and throw a party like no other, bringing “The Zoo to You”. They also have a ton of fun activities and games the kids can join in on that enhance their animal experience. Here are a few of their all-star animals:
Yes, Zovargo allows your child to take awesome, once in a lifetime photos with the animal ambassadors. You can’t do that at the zoo!
Another great benefit about Zovargo is that they supply party favors. So you can cross that off your To-Do List if you book Zovargo for your birthday. They have perfect animal themed party favors which are crafted by the guests at the event. Children at the party create animal crafts from various items such as pipe-cleaners. This let's the creative side come out and gives the children some extra to do and a special memento from the big day. Below are some of these awesome animal crafts! We bring all the supplies and this added fun! Check out this page for more details.
You can book Zovargo here
You’ll definitely need animal themed decorations such as napkins, plates, cups, streamers, garland, etc. We suggest reusable, recyclable, or nonplastic products such as the ones below:
- Animal Napkins
- Animal Paper Plates
- Animal Paper Cups
- Paper Streamers
- Animal Garland
- Animal Party Pack This options includes everything from napkins, plates, table clothes, and cups.
- Animal Party Park II A second option party pack we thought was cool
A great place to get eco-friendly party supplies is EcoPartyTime, they’re limited on animal decorations but they’re still great.
Cutting down on plastic supplies can be easier if you incorporate finger food such as chicken stripes, pigs in a blanket, cupcakes or ice cream cone but we will get into food ideas later.
- Animal Masks and costumes
- Movies with animals: Homeward Bound, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, The Jungle book, Jumangee, Etc…
- Animal stickers
- Photobooth with animals
- Animal themed games
- Animal Jumpy House
- Animal Relay Race
- Bear Crawl Race
- Frog Jump
- Cheetah Sprint
- Crab Walk
- Animal Charades
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey
- Who Am I? – Write an animal on several pieces of cards. Each child is given an animal card without them knowing which animal they are. They stick the animal card on their forehead and they have to figure out which animal they are by asking “yes and no questions” only.
- Animal Buddies – Each child is given an animal. There is a pair of animal per animal. So, for example, 2 cats, 2 elephants, 2 giraffes, 2 kangaroos. By asking yes or no questions, the kids have to find their matching animal partner. When time is expired, kids sit next to the person they think is their animal buddy.
- Camouflage Conundrum
- Animals need to be able to camouflage into their environment in order to avoid predators and survive in the wild. Larry forgot to lock up the animals and they escaped! Help him find them – stuffed animals are scattered and hidden around the event before hand. Whoever helps Larry find the most animals before Amanda finds out, wins! Sort of like an Easter Egg hunt.
We think invitations should be creative and unique. We have two options here, print or digital.
- Printed invitations should have animals on them with a clever greeting inside.
- Digital invitations are easier and more affordable. Gather emails and find or create your own invitation. Here’s a link to an example of a digital invitation from Etsy. Click Here
A great place to get eco-friendly animal themed birthday invitations is Tiny Prints.
Animal-themed food is the extra kick to make your party extra animal. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Animal Style Fries – Fries, Cheddar Cheese, Thousand Island Dressing, Grilled Onions
- Animal Crackers
- Worms in Dirt
- Animal Cake or Cupcakes
- Animal Mix: M&Ms, graham cracker teddy bears, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips.
- Snapping Turtle Cookie
- Spider Suckers
- Animal shaped cookies
- Apple Lady Bug Treats
- Ants on a Log
- Teddy Grahams
For you extra festival animal lovers that want to take it an extra step, here are a couple of more ideas:
6. Pep Talk
Your party planning stress should be a little lower since you have a plan now. All of these great ideas are right here at your fingertips and they’ve been tested and proven successful! We know you have what it takes to through the best animal themed party every! All the while, saving money and helping the environment at the same time! And who knows, maybe you’ll learn a thing or two from Zovargo!